Foundation of Maschinenfabrik HEMSCHEIDT Wuppertal (MHW) by Hermann Hemscheidt on "Black Friday". First products: Machines and components for the mining industry.
Introduction and development of shock absorber production.
Begin of licensed shock absorber production for military vehicles (Zenz patent).
Start of production of shock absorbers for VW, Borgward, Daimler Benz, Kreidler and others. Production volume of up to 100,000 shock absorbers per month.
Focus on shock absorber production for military wheeled and tracked vehicles.
First prototype of an 8x8 vehicle with a hydro-pneumatic suspension by HEMSCHEIDT.
Series production of the hydraulically damped rotary joint for articulated buses.
First prototype of HEPLEX® suspension with dynamic damping.
1st December: HEMSCHEIDT Fahrwerktechnik GmbH & Co. is founded and demerged from Maschinenfabrik HEMSCHEIDT.
- 1st January: Maschinenfabrik HEMSCHEIDT merged into Deutsche Bergbautechnik, which was founded by Ruhrkohle AG.
- 1st September: HEMSCHEIDT Fahrwerktechnik leaves the Wuppertal site, and moves production facilities to Haan-Gruiten.
- First prototype of HEPLEX® suspension with dynamic roll stabilization and controlled damping.
Series production of two types of vehicles for the German armed forces.
Series production of construction vehicles with HEPLEX® suspension.
Series production of vehicles with HEPLEX® suspension for the US army.
HEMSCHEIDT delivers articulation systems as well as folding bellows for articulated buses.
Prototype of hydraulic spring with swing arm for tracked vehicles.
Prototype of linear element for tracked vehicles.
- Prototype of a heat-compensating hydro-pneumatic spring with two suspension stages and cooling.
- Prototype of HEPLEX® suspension for a 400 t vehicle.
1st April: HEMSCHEIDT Fahrwerktechnik GmbH & Co. KG becomes part of the Hübner Group.
Prototype of a part-supporting damping system.
Prototype and successful testing of a high-performance damping system.
Presentation of innovative and excellent air suspension for trailer axles.
Presentation of lightweight guides for the commercial vehicle industry.